Last Updated on April 8, 2021
The ping pong robot (partner) you’ve always wanted!
Are you ready to practice and progress with an opponent who doesn’t make mistakes and doesn’t get tired?
- Firstly, this is the choice that brings the most important functions of the game and movement.
- Secondly, designed by the leading ping pong robot manufacturer Newgy.
- Moreover, you get a recycling net that you set up at the table, and the balls always come back into the robot, so you can play as much as you want, even at home.
Ping pong robot Newgy Robo-Pong 2040+
There are many robots, from the most basic to professional.
However, I would single out the Newgy Robo-Pong 2040+ robot because it provides many features that perfectly suit both beginners and people who play ping pong for fun.
This ping pong robot can even use by professionals for a good workout and preparations for important matches and tournaments.
- The option to adjust the speed, frequency of the balls, and oscillation. You can turn the head that throws the balls in several ways, so you get a clean ball, spin, cut, and spin on the side.
- It comes with 48 2-star 40+ balls. However, you don’t need to buy more balls because this is enough to start with. There is a ball bucket with an extension cage that contains approximately 200 balls.
- Practice returning serves, the robot serves you, and you return the service. This way, you can practice moving by placing a program of balls all over the table and gradually moving from left to right or vice versa.
- You can also adjust the head so that it throws high lob balls.
- Newgy Robo-Pong 2040+ is easy to set up and remove from the table, and most importantly, it meets all the standards of ping pong tables.
- Ball speed means how fast an individual ball is, essentially, how long it takes for the robot head to reach you.
- Ball frequency means how often the robot throws the balls, the time between the first and second ball, and so on.
- Oscillator speed means how fast the robot’s head turns from left to right and throws balls all over your table.
If you set the ping pong robot’s head as in the picture, then you can practice returning the serve.
The service can be cut, clean, or have sidespin.
Easy to set up
For the Newgy Robo-Pong 2040+ ping pong robot, you don’t need assembly or tools. As you can see, the net shrinks and folds easily in minutes. It is then ready for transport and, at the next table when it is set within a few minutes, it can work again.
What to consider before buying a ping pong robot?
What is certain about any ping pong robot is that it will have a basic ball throwing options. This means an ordinary ball, a cut ball, and possibly a change in the ball’s direction.
The most important thing is that you know your level of play and needs. Here are the most important things to look for before choosing your robot:
Firstly, the size of the robot and the capacity of the balls. To be able to place it on your table at home or at your table tennis club where you train, it must meet the tables’ standard dimensions. It should also be mentioned the number of balls it can contain. So, that they do not constantly replenish with balls during the game and often interrupt training because of that.
It will help a lot if the ping pong robot comes with a ball catcher net. Then, although the capacity is smaller, the balls will automatically gather in his container and return to the game. Our selection of Newgy Robo-Pong 2040+ comes bundled with a catcher net.
Secondly, the functions provided by the robot. The most advanced have many functions in terms of throwing the ball, rotation, programming certain points on the table where you want to get the ball. Your level of play depends on how advanced a robot you want. We think our selection provides quite many features for mid-quality players.
AC/DC adapter for Newgy Robo-Pong 2040+
Thirdly, the power supply mode. There are two types, ping pong robots that work on AC power and those powered by a battery. Sure, both will do the job properly, but if you want more power and speed in the mode, you need to opt for AC ones.
Moreover, the level of variation and the flexibility of turning the robot’s head is among the most important things when choosing. With our selection of the best ping pong robot, you can turn the robot’s head to throw clean, cutting balls and side-rotation. So, it is already enough to practice most table tennis strokes. We recommend robots with many more programs and functions to professionals, but they also cost 2 to 3 times more.
You certainly don’t want to collect balls all the time, so play a little and take a break to return the balls to the robot.
That is why this feature is very important when choosing a ping pong robot. Newgy Robo-pong 2040+ has a capacity of 200 balls plus the option of extending the bucket.
Another thing about balls is that this model has been improved for 40 mm balls that have been current for several years. With these balls, table tennis players will play in the future.
To start training right away, with this model, you get 48 two-star balls. Later, depending on your needs, you only add as much as you need.
Above all, you will enjoy it in any way when you practice alone, with family and friends or if you are preparing for an important competition.
About Newgy as a brand for ping pong robots
Joseph E. Newgarden originally started working on Robo-pong as a hobby, and later it became his business, and he founded Newgy Industries.
A table tennis robot is suitable for everyone, from beginners and players who play a hobby to professionals preparing for national competitions. Over 100,000 athletes use Robo-pong today.
It just says how much the company has perfected the product for all needs and all player profiles. The company is located in Hendersonville, Tennessee. Today they are constantly innovating and adapting to the current needs of athletes.