Published on April 12, 2021 Last Updated on June 30, 2021 by Sorin Petroj
Looking for one of the best ping pong tables on the market?
The choice is wide, but we tried to analyze the top 3 in this review that meets the competition conditions and is also for home use. So let’s start!
1.Stiga Optimum 30 optimal bounce table (best ping pong tables thickness)
Whether you are looking for a ping pong table for home use or for your club where you train, you will certainly find here all the information you need when choosing.
Firstly, Stiga optimum 30 has the best technology of bouncing the ball on the made with a thickness of 30 mm.
Secondly, it is approved by the International Table Tennis Federation ITTF.
Above all, keep in mind that the best tables at competitions have a thickness of 25 mm.
Our choice also has an additional reinforcement of a thick apron of 2 – 2/5 inches. Most importantly, the table is designed in blue, which shows that it is for modern table tennis and made for the highest quality tournaments and training that you will ever have the experience to try.
- Weight: 310 lbs. A weighty table that at the same time guarantees stability and strength when set up for play. Also, when it is thicker and firmer, it means that the table’s longevity is higher.
- Optimum Bounce Technology. Perfect for getting the ball without slipping, which is the case with other thinner tables. If you often play table tennis, you surely know how important the ball’s bounce is with each rotation. After all, that is why the price of this model is a little higher.
- 4-inch Machine grade casters and locks. You want to move it to a certain place. You will easily do with the wheels and later brake with the built-in brakes, and the table will stand hard in that particular place.
- Stiga VM net & Post set. The table tennis net obtained is very high quality, and you get a plus set for installation. This was given as a gift. Keep in mind that not all manufacturers give a ping pong net together with the table.
- Steel legs and levelers for them. This guarantees the Stiga Optimum’s safety, and you also have the height of the table to be adjusted to your needs.
Stiga one of the ping pong tables for surface
The evenness and bounce of the ball are the best for competition in terms of quality. Even at the largest rotations, the sound of the ideal bounce of the ball is felt. Why do you think that is so?
The top of the ping pong table was treated several times. Only after that was it coated with a special varnish, and thus the amount of shine was obtained. At the same time, the amount of friction or coefficient is exactly as it should be.
You do not have to detach the net and later restore it. Lift one half and release the brakes on the wheels, and then the table is ready to move to another place. You can use that other half when raised to transfer the ball while waiting for your partner or opponent.
The table also has Self-opening legs & levelers for a smooth game. We should also note that all Stiga ping pong tables have a one-year warranty on defects.
2.74 m (108")
1.525 m (60")
76.2 cm (30")
In conclusion, one of the best ping pong tables for competitions and individuals is truly dedicated to this sport. High quality certainly costs more, but in this case, our choice was to get the best possible for a given price.
Also, the goal is for the user to use the ping pong table for as long as possible because we all know that it is sometimes an investment that happens once in a lifetime, and that is why it is important to choose well.
Pros and Cons
Video of Stiga Optimum 30
2.Butterfly Club 25 Rollaway table (best ping pong tables for clubs)
The latest design of ping pong tables from Butterfly. With a thickness of 25mm, it is one of the best tables for bouncing the ball. In short, it has a robust one-piece design and superior quality and durability.
Perfect ping pong table for clubs and tournaments. For example, some universities use Butterfly Club 25, and they are very satisfied. It is also available in blue, which is definitely a trend today.
Another good thing is the folding play mode to make it easier to move from one place to another. Besides, you do not have to worry about the net that comes with the table and which, when the table is moved, stays on it.
- The cheapest Butterfly ping pong table 25 mm thick. You can always find tables with a smaller thickness and a worse effect of bouncing the ball, but when we talk about top competition tables and Butterfly, this is the best choice.
- Weight: 265 lbs. It is quite a heavy ping pong table, but that means that it will be firm on the ground and will give you the best possible result when you place it in a certain place in the hall.
- 4-inch wheels with lock. This means that you will easily transfer it from one place to another, and when you decide where to play table tennis, you lock the wheels with built-in brakes, and it will not move from that place.
- You get a free Primus II table tennis net that is easy to install on the table. With that, you have everything ready to start the game.
- Playback position means you can fold one part of the table. This is advantageous because of the storage and getting in the space and because you can practice on your own if you bought the table for home use.
Best ping pong tables quality of surface
The Butterfly is a company that has been creating quality for years. The American championships were played on their tables, which shows how precisely and modernly they produce the best ping pong tables.
We should say that the table surface is made of 100% wood, and the thickness will allow you to get the perfect effect of the ball bouncing. However, the consistency and bounce of the ball are great.
You can see in the picture how precise and beautiful it all is. It is also installed next to a thick wooden board and a steel rail. For example, this gives stability and longevity to the table surface, and even if one of the players hits the table or hangs it, it will not be damaged.
Wheels and folding table
Table rolling and 4-inch wheels provide handling. The legs of the table are 2-3/8 inch made of steel and give strength and stability. Folding is easy to save space when you don’t want to play in just a few seconds.
It should be noted that you can adjust the table’s height, and you do not have to play on the standard. So, the table is very good for children who learn table tennis.
Complete quality is made in Germany. It takes a little more time to assemble, but you will only do it once and later just move it wherever you want.
2.74 m (108")
1.525 m (60")
76.2 cm (30")
Firstly, the most renowned table tennis equipment manufacturer, Butterfly, was designed and built to the highest quality standards. The thickness of the table, strength and folding are the most important characteristics.
Secondly, when it comes to budget, we can say that it meets the needs for a given price, bearing in mind that you also get a 3-year warranty. This should be added to the table tennis net, which is obtained and compared with competitive prices when we calculate the thickness of 25mm.
In conclusion, we recommend this table especially for organizing tournaments and clubs with players of various profiles, from professionals to amateurs.
Pros and Cons
3.Joola Inside 25 High-end home table (best ping pong tables for home use)
For people looking for a ping pong table to play at home and have a competitive quality, this is a perfect choice. For instance, approved by USATT and by the Joola brand, producing table tennis equipment for over 60 years.
The Inside 25 model comes to your home address or club mostly assembled. You only need to do a few things yourself, but it will take you a maximum of 15 minutes.
Since its inception, the Joola Inside 25 has been one of the best-selling ping pong tables on the market. The primary reason for this is that it provides competitive quality and the price is very affordable.
On the other hand, the ratings of all consumers are positive. Because of that, on Amazon, it received the most ratings with 5 stars. It just says how satisfied people are with this beautiful ping pong table.
- 25 mm thickness suitable for competitive conditions. Therefore, this means bouncing the ball even at the highest rotation with the best effect without slipping. Joola is a sponsor of the Olympic Games, US Open, and World Championships, and the Inside 25 model meets all the standards of those competitions.
- Quick assembly from the moment it arrives at your home address. That is why this model is also recommended for playing at home because it is easy to assemble and set up wherever you want. If it is for a club, then it is suitable for both training and organizing tournaments. Generally, a ping pong table comes with 95% montage, which means you have very little to do before you start playing.
- Tournament net set and 72-inch post set. So, the package includes a net that can be tightened and easily attached to a table. The best ping pong tables in the world come with a net which is quite logical.
- Solid steel legs with rubber brackets. Above all, you will not damage your floor wherever you place the ping pong table for the game, but at the same time, you get stability so that it does not move during the game.
- 4-inch wheels that are easy to move and move the table. It has a total of 8 wheels, which means 4 on each half of the table to make it easier to move if you want, even just one half. Also, there is a locking device at each wheel or rather a brake to stop it where you want.
Table surface and assembly time
Firstly, the quality and durability of 1 inch thick should not be disputed.
Secondly, this is a multi-layered painted surface that professional players know how to use very well. Therefore, greater durability is guaranteed, and the surface composition is made of 100% wood.
Why did we say the table folds quickly?
Because Joola also thought about folding when they were producing the best-selling model. You have to unplug the anti-tilting device and unfold the automatic legs. There is an angle brace that you have to lock. After that, just slide the T-bar into brackets and place a bolt through the holes. In the end, flip the table halves side-up, and you just have to put the net and start playing.
One of the best ping pong tables for safety and Compact storage
Firstly, playback mode allows you to fold the table in half without touching the net. This way, you will have more space if you store it near the wall in the house. So, you can also practice with the other half of the table while waiting for your partner to play.
Secondly, if you are going to store a ping pong table completely, you have separate systems made to lock automatically.
Moreover, this will raise both halves of the table to a vertical position and lock the wheels. It takes up very little space then and stands firmly on the ground as in the following picture.
Some people might be surprised that the halves of the table are separated. But that is an advantage in this case, and that is why assembling and adjusting are feasible in such a short time.
2.74 m (108")
1.525 m (60")
76.2 cm (30")
Firstly, the table tennis brand launched in the 1950s produced the best-selling table at an affordable price with competitive quality. As a result, we have the Joola Inside 25, with 25mm thick wood, quick assembly, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
If you have any questions or suggestions, the Joola team is always here for support or any help.
In conclusion, this is the best choice for players who want to play at home and feel the real competitive quality. We can also say that this choice is the best for the budget because the price is quite modest when you look at any model from this category.
Pros and Cons