Last Updated on November 10, 2023 by Sorin Petroj
Looking for the best pickleball paddle under $100?
You’ve come to the right place! In this blog post, we’ll explore a few of the best options on the market and help you decide which paddle is right for you.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced player, we’ll have something for you. So keep reading to learn more about the best pickleball paddles under $100! Other more expensive pickleball paddles are reviewed here.
At a Glance – Budget Best Pickleball Paddle Under $100
1. Paddletek Bantam EX-L
Paddletek Bantam EX-L ranks on our list as one of the best composite pickleball paddles under $100. It is seen in several championship courts and a paddle of choice among the top-ranked pickleball champs.
It is equipped with Bantam’s advanced tech and PolyCore interior for the ultimate power and performance you need to win and dominate the court.
Bantam EX-L Paddle Specifications
- Paddle face/surface material: Velvet textured polycarbonate
- Core material: Composite high-grade polymer
- Core thickness: 12.7 mm
- Lightweight paddle: 7.8 – 8.4 oz
- Pickleball Paddle shape: Standard
- Paddle length: 15 5/8″
- Paddle width: 7 ¾”
- Grip size/circumference: 4 ¼”
- Handle length: 5″
- Colors: Horizon, Barium, Aurora, Wildfire, Riptide
Best Pickleball Paddles Under 100 – Overview
Bantam EX-L is a high-performance paddle from the Paddletek Bantam series and was launched for advanced players seeking to unlock their full potential. It comes with 8.5/10 power ratings and is often deemed one of the most forgiving pickleball paddles in reviews and performance feedback.
These mid-weight composite pickleball paddles feature a honeycomb shape, extra-large, and long-lasting, heavily textured playing surface, allowing players to swing with high levels of spin and power. The surface of the paddle face is combined with a PolyCore interior which helps hit harder and faster and deliver responsive returns.
The core of this polymer paddle is further engineered with Paddletek’s proprietary technology – Advanced ProPolyCore2, which reduces vibration and boosts better ball control. This lighter paddle is reinforced with a carbon fiber shaft providing better strength to the frame and flex compared to graphite paddles.
Paddletek Bantam EX-L pickleball lightweight paddle features an ultra-cushioned and textured grip that reduces hand fatigue during a long game. The textured surface of the grip ensures a secure and stable hold on the paddle, reducing the risk of slipping and improving control over the ball.
That being said, the superior performance of Bantam EX-L is bound to elevate your skills and transform your game. And lastly, I must say – this pickleball provides a clean, crisp feel, and you’ll honestly fall in love with how it makes the incoming balls pop off.
Key Features Of Paddletek Bantam EX-L Pickleball Paddles
- The best paddle that meets all USAPA tournament standards.
- It is a legendary pickleball paddle and a weapon of choice among professionals.
- The polycarbonate face and larger sweet spot of the paddle helps maximize both spin and power.
- Its interior core is engineered with a high-grade polymer composite honeycomb that allows you to hit harder and faster.
- The paddle surface is geared with a dynamic sweet spot allowing you to hit confidently.
- It is equipped with shock-resistant 1/8 inch edge guards providing protection to the frame and extending the life of the paddle for a long time.
- Comes with an ultra-cushioned grip providing good control and better comfort.
- Paddletek Bantam EX-L paddles are available in 5 vibrant and charming colors to take your game to the next level and play with style.
- It comes with 1-year manufacturer’s limited warranty.
2. Uteeqe Pickleball Paddles Set of 2 and 4 Outdoor Balls & Carrying Bag
Getting an extra edge over your competitors doesn’t have to be expensive, as now you can get a USA-Approved pickleball paddle at a very reasonable price point.
Introducing Uteeqe, one of the best pickleball paddle sets under $100. This set carries 2 USAPA-certified paddles, four balls, and a compact carrying case – everything you need to start immediately.
Uteeqe U1 Pickleball Paddles Specifications
- Paddle face/surface material: Textured Graphite surface
- Core material: Polymer Honeycomb core
- Paddle weight: 7.8 oz
- Paddle width: 7.8 inches
- Grip size/circumference: 4.25 inches
- Handle paddle length: 5 inches
- Total paddle length: 15.8 inches
- High-quality paddle handle material: PU leather
- Colors: Blue
Best Pickleball Paddle Under $100 – Overview
Uteeqe ranks our list as the best graphite pickleball paddle under 100, and it is a solid choice for aspiring players. Why?
Firstly, the Uteeqe paddle is USAPA-approved, which means it is sanctioned for tournaments and equipped with competition-grade materials!
Uteeqe paddles are not only ours but also Amazon’s choice of the best pickleball rackets and come with 4.7/5-star ratings from 1,888 satisfied users. This high-quality paddle is a super lightweight paddle featuring advanced technology for an unstoppable performance and well-balanced construction.
The graphite surface of the Uteeqe U1 paddle is grit polished, resulting in a semi-rough abrasive texture. This technology delivers amazing spin and power for slicing and topspin.
Typically, the surface texture of inexpensive paddles wears off within 5 to 6 months, but that’s not the case with Uteeqe pickleball paddles. The grit-polished and high-abrasive surface will stay new for a long time.
Furthermore, the entire frame of the paddle is sealed with sturdy edge guards to prevent damage and protect the edges from scratch.
Uteeqe U1 Pickleball Paddle Composition
This graphite pickleball paddle comes with a polymer honeycomb core providing excellent spin, power, and control and is made to take the game to the next level. It weighs only 7.8 oz; you can swing as quickly – as high and low as you want. The total height of a Uteeqe pickleball paddle is 15.8,’ and it comes with a large sweet spot. The width of the entire frame is 7.8″.
Uteeqe pickleball paddle has a leathered handle and ultra-comfortable grip (length=5.0″). The contoured spiral grip of Uteeqe is equipped with non-slip and moisture-resistant perforated material. The thick and durable handle features soft cushioned foam ridges providing more comfort and excellent maneuverability when gripping the racquet.
By now, you know that this lightweight and USAPA-approved pickleball paddle is built to last, thanks to Uteqee’s super durable construction. Glance at this budget-friendly pickleball set of 2023; you will see that the paddles also allude to superb craftsmanship and design.
To top off, this lighter paddle comes with 1-year extended and 1-year limited warranty making it a full-proof purchase at a price point under $100.
Key Features Of Uteeqe Pickleball Paddles At A Glance
- It is the best-budget-friendly pickleball set with two graphite paddles, four outdoor balls, and a bag included.
- The set comes with a USAPA-approved (USA pickleball-approved) paddle suitable for players of all levels.
- The paddle is constructed with a high-textured graphite surface excellent for topspin and slicing.
- Polypropylene honeycomb core ignites uncompromising power and spin.
- It comes with a larger sweet spot making it easy to control incoming shots for beginners.
- The paddle’s thick and durable leather handle is equipped with cushioned ridges and non-slip material to keep the grip fully secure.
- The surface of the non-slip grip is perforated to wick away moisture and sweat, making the handle super comfortable for a long time.
- Uteeqe comes with a 1-year limited and 1-year extended warranty from the manufacturer.
3. ONIX Z5 Graphite Carbon Pickleball Paddle
ONIX has been one of the most well-known manufacturers of pickleball equipment and world-class gear since 2005. A list of the best pickleball paddles under 100 is incomplete without including one from this brand.
After hours of research, we are finally convinced that Z5 Graphite is one of the best pickleball paddles for under 100 from ONIX’s line-up.
ONIX Z5 Graphite Pickleball Paddles Specifications
- Paddle face/surface material: Graphite
- Core material: Nomex core paddle – Honeycomb
- Paddle weight: 7.5 – 8.2 oz
- Pickleball Paddle shape: Wide Body
- Paddle length: 15 ½”
- Paddle width: 8 3/10″
- Grip size/circumference: 4 ¼”
- Handle length: 5″
- Colors: Pink, Purple, Blue, Red, Yellow, White, Green
ONIX Z5 Pickleball Paddles – Overview
The Z5 Graphite is the epitome of ONIX technological innovation and is engineered to render outstanding performance for players of all levels. This tournament-quality graphite pickleball paddle has everything you need for your game while retaining your budget under $100.
Weighing only 7.8 oz, this medium-weight graphite paddle perfectly balances weight, feel, and touch. The ONIX Graphite Z5 pickleball paddle is engineered with a Nomex honeycomb core delivering consistent control and a nice balance between speed and power.
The paddle frame comes with a wide body shape and a more prominent sweet spot, making it ideal for beginners who want to improve their game and aspiring players who want to play confidently.
The paddle face of the ONIX Z5 Graphite Carbon paddle is equipped with an edge guard, which prevents the frame from chipping or cracking. This, in turn, prolongs the paddle’s lifespan. The quality of the grip is the only issue faced by some players. It needs to be better cushioned as it gets slippery fast.
But the good news is the grip is replaceable; hence, you can replace it with tacky rubber for a more secure hold.
That being said, ONIX Z5 is a great option and has also acquired the USA Pickleball Approved designation meaning this super affordable paddle has met all the requirements and factors for official tournaments and high-level competition.
Finally, you are getting the best bang for your buck by choosing this pickleball paddle.
Key Features of ONIX Z5 Graphite Carbon Pickleball Paddle
- It is a USAPA/USA pickleball-approved paddle, making it suitable for official tournament play.
- The dual-layered graphite face of the paddle surface provides plenty of power while not giving up on control over the ball.
- The Nomex core paddle of the Graphite Z5 provides outstanding ball control and touch.
- This pickleball paddle is suitable for players of all levels – from beginners to advanced.
- The handle shape of ONIX Z5 mimics the shape of tennis rackets.
- The paddle frame is equipped with an edge guard, which increases the paddle’s durability and lifespan.
- ONIX Z5 Graphite comes with a one-year limited warranty from the manufacturer.
4. HEAD Extreme Elite Fiberglass Pickleball Paddle
The Extreme Elite is engineered with optimized tubular core (OTC) construction and fiberglass composite hitting surface for excellent playability and competitive experience. It is the most popular pickleball paddle on Amazon and other online stores.
This pickleball paddle ranks on our list as one of the best-value composite pickleball paddles for beginners and intermediate players. Great for drop shots and other fine strokes near the net.
HEAD Extreme Elite Pickleball Control Paddle Specifications
- Paddle face/surface material: Fiberglass
- Core material: Polypropylene Honeycomb
- Shaft material: Carbon Fiber
- Core thickness: 11.00 mm / 7/16 inches
- Paddle shape: Diamond
- Pickleball Paddle weight: 7.8 oz
- Paddle length: 16 inches
- Handle length: 5 inches
- Paddle width: 7 7/8 inches
- Grip size/circumference: 4 1/8 inches
- Colors: Black, Blue, Green
HEAD Extreme Elite Pickleball Paddles – Overview
These best pickleball paddles feature a fiberglass composite hitting surface that provides a softer feel and maximizes power for players of all skill levels. The fiberglass finish of the paddle face makes it highly durable and lightweight.
These beginner paddles’ faces are heavily textured to render extreme spin and ball control. This control paddle is engineered with a polypropylene honeycomb core delivering the perfect ball ‘pop’ sound, feel, and playability. The handle’s grip is super tacky and specially formulated with PU material that feels comfortable and also dampens vibration.
What makes HEAD Extreme Elite rank in our list is that this super affordable paddle comes with similar features and techs as high-end paddles over $100. It carries all the essentials of a quality pickleball paddle at the lowest price point in this list. So if you are on a tight budget, I wholeheartedly recommend this pickleball paddle.
Key Features of HEAD Extreme Elite Fiberglass Pickleball Paddle At A Glance
- The USAPA-approved paddle indicates that it has earned the seal of quality for tournaments.
- Features a unique diamond paddle shape for more control.
- The paddle surface is polished with smooth fiberglass composite material delivering a softer feel and more power.
- The surface is heavily textured to produce killer spins and help you get an edge over your opponent.
- It is equipped with a unique ergonomic foam handle that feels comfortable for a long time.
- Comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
5. GAMMA Sports Textured Parent (Neutron 2.0)
When choosing between graphite and composite pickleball paddles, you no longer need to worry about your budget or skill level. Thanks to GAMMA Sports for making this task as stress-less as possible.
Let us tell you why GAMMA Sports Textured Parent ranks our list as the best pickleball paddle for 100 and all-around performance.
Gamma 2.0 Pickleball Paddle Specifications
- Paddle face/surface material: Graphite
- Core material: Aramid Honeycomb
- Paddle weight: 7 oz
- Paddle length: 15 3/8″
- Handle length: 5 inches
- Paddle width: 8 1/8 inches
- Grip size/circumference: 4 inches
6. ERNE PICKLEBALL PADDLE
The Erne Pickleball Paddle is A remarkable, lightweight paddle with exceptional spin, explosive power, and improved reach.
Impressive Spin: Crafted with a gritty fiberglass surface, the Erne Paddle is ingeniously designed to generate impressive spin for tricky returns and formidable top-spin serves.
Explosive Power: Weighing in at an average of 7.9 ounces, this paddle delivers astonishing power, making it easy for you to confidently dispatch balls with authority. The Erne Paddle strikes a perfect balance between delivering powerful shots and maintaining a pleasantly lightweight feel.
Enhanced Reach: With an impressive length of 16.5 inches, the Erne Paddle offers a reach comparable to the longest Selkirk and Franklin paddles, all without sacrificing overall surface area.
Extended and Robust Handle: Featuring a longer handle with a thicker octagonal grip, boasting a comfortable 1.7-inch circumference, this paddle ensures you always have a secure and comfortable grip. This means you can retain precise control and place your shots with accuracy.
The Sweet Spot: The area surrounding the Ernehead logo is akin to a soft cushion, perfect for defusing aggressive attacks and executing those smooth third shots into the kitchen.
Great Balance & Paddle Specifications:
- Surface: Crafted from fiberglass with a honeycomb polypropylene core.
- Dimensions: Measuring 16.5 inches in length, 7.5 inches in width, and a thickness of 13mm.
- Weight: A lightweight 7.9 ounces.
- Long Handle: Enjoy a comfortable grip with a 5.25-inch handle boasting a 4.8-inch circumference.
Best Mid-Range Pickleball Paddles
For seasoned pickleball players, I understand the importance of picking the right paddle for your game.
However, with so many options on the market, it can be challenging to find the perfect one for your needs, especially when you are on a budget.
But worry not, as I have done the research for you and found the top 3 affordable mid-range pickleball paddles that cater to every player. They have a very low swing weight and are different from other polymer paddles.
Benefits of Using a Mid-Range Pickleball Paddle
There are several benefits of using a mid-range pickleball paddle. Firstly, they are affordable and won’t break the bank, making them an excellent option for players who are on a tight budget.
Secondly, they offer a good balance of power and control, making them suitable for players at the highest levels. Finally, they are versatile and can be used for both indoor and outdoor play.
Another benefit of using a mid-range pickleball control paddle is that they are lightweight and easy to maneuver, which is especially important for players who are just starting. They allow players to generate more speed and power, which can help them hit harder shots and increase their chances of winning.
Review of the Best Cheap Pickleball Paddles Under $50
AOZINTL Pickleball Paddles Set of 4: This paddle set includes two graphite paddles and four balls, making it an excellent option for beginners. The paddles are lightweight and offer a good balance of power and control, and the balls are made from high-quality materials.
- Upstreet Graphite Pickleball Paddle: This paddle features a graphite face and a polypropylene honeycomb core, providing a good balance of power and control. It is also lightweight and has a large sweet spot, making it suitable for players of all skill levels.
- Optima Polymer Honeycomb Core Pickleball Paddle: This control paddle features a polymer honeycomb core and a fiberglass face, providing excellent control and power. It is also lightweight and has a comfortable grip, making it ideal for players who want to improve their game.
Top Power-Oriented Cheap Pickleball Paddles
If you are a power player who wants to hit hard shots and dominate the game, several cheap pickleball paddles cater to your needs. Here are some of the top power-oriented cheap pickleball paddles:
- Franklin Sports Pickleball Paddle: This paddle features a graphite face and a polymer core, providing excellent power and control. It’s a great spin paddle for an intermediate player.
- Head Radical Pro Pickleball Paddle: This power-oriented paddle features a composite face and a polymer core, providing excellent power and control. It is the most powerful paddle on this list.
- Onix Graphite Z5 Pickleball Paddle: This power-oriented paddle features a graphite face and a Nomex honeycomb core, providing excellent power and control. It is also lightweight and has a comfortable grip, making it suitable for power players.
Tips for Maintaining Your Pickleball Paddle
To ensure that your pickleball paddle lasts as long as possible, it is essential to take good care of it. Here are some tips for maintaining your pickleball paddle:
- Clean your paddle regularly with a damp cloth to remove dirt and debris.
- Store your paddle in a dry place to prevent warping or damage.
- Avoid exposing your paddle to extreme temperatures or humidity.
- Replace your grip when it starts to wear down to maintain a comfortable grip.
Best Pickleball Paddle Under $100 for All-around – Overview
Gamma Sports Textured Parent features six different models, each with additional paddle face material, color, and price tags ranging from $59 to $107.
It is important to note that the Gamma Sports Textured Parent paddles’ price difference is unrelated to the color. Instead, it relates to the texture, material, and weight of the paddle face. You can understand how and why the price differs by looking at the following table:
|Gamma Sports Textured Parent Models||Paddle face material and texture||Weight||Skill level||Price|
|Neutron 2.0||Graphite||Light (7 oz)||Advanced||$89.23|
|Phaser 2.0||Graphite||Light (7.9 oz)||Intermediate||$79.99|
|Voltage 2.0||Graphite||Light (7.6 oz)||Advanced||$107.79|
|Atomic 2.0||Fiberglass composite||Medium (8 oz)||Intermediate||$89.99|
|Fusion 2.0||Fiberglass composite||Medium (8 oz)||Beginners||$69.99|
|Micron 2.0||Fiberglass composite||Medium (7.9 oz)||Beginners||$59.99|
Gamma Neutron 2.0 and Phaser 2.0 are the best graphite pickleball paddles under $100 for advanced players. Both the paddles feature an aramid honeycomb core and a decent sweet spot.
But Neutron 2.0 is a personal favorite of mine because it is one of the lightest graphite pickleball beginner paddles that help swing quickly and confidently. The gamma honeycomb cushion grip is the best and most comfortable grip for all the pickleball paddles under 100.
On the other hand, if you are a beginner, I highly recommend Micron 2.0 from Gamma. It is a USA Pickleball Certified paddle to feel confident about tournament play and competition.
That being said, all of the Gamma pickleball paddles come equipped with honeycomb cushioned and sweat-absorbing grip that benefits both novice and experienced players. Other paddles that are not on our list are the Gamma Mirage composite paddle and the Sports Neucore models.
Finally, Gamma Sports Textured Parent Neutron 2.0 pickleball paddles come with 4.5/5 star ratings on Amazon. After skimming through 1,234 reviews, I am confident you will love these reasonably priced pickleball paddles from Gamma.
Pickleball Paddle Under $100 – Conclusion
Quality top pickleball paddles are a must for anyone looking to dip their toes, or more accurately, toes and feet, into the growing waters of pickleball. Players who like to have a practice partner may look at the best pickleball ball machines of 2023.
These five featured top pickleball paddles at budget-friendly prices allow beginners and experienced players to find their perfect paddle without breaking the bank.
From durable polymer paddles to lightweight carbon fiber designs, these top picks combine all the essential features of higher-end models at a fraction of the cost.
While perfect for beginners taking their first steps in the sport, even more, experienced players will see nothing understated about these top-performing budget pickleball paddles.
As your pickleball skills advance, you’ll begin playing, raising the chances that balls may contact the edges of your paddle rather than squarely hitting its intended face.
Pickleball’s increasing recognition as one of the fastest-growing sports in America makes it an obvious choice for those looking for a fun, outdoor activity with friends and family – now you have to choose among these top five budget picks!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THE FOLLOWING: