Last Updated on October 1, 2022 by Sorin Petroj
Choosing the best ping pong paddles doesn’t have to be so difficult. If you’re an avid ping pong player and don’t want the hassle of customizing your racket, we’ve compiled a list of the 13 best budget-friendly pre-assembled ping pong paddles to help any intermediate players dominate the tournament.
Best Ping Pong Paddle Ever
If you are looking for a table tennis racket to help you take your game to the next level, you should consider the Killerspin Jet 800 Speed N2. We reviewed also the best ping pong paddles for penhold grip here.
Racket & Features
Image & Price
This racket is for tournament play with International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF-approved) Nitrx-4z rubber at 2.1 mm thickness. This table tennis paddle features a gist storage box and 6 x 4-star ping pong balls.
Best Ping Pong Paddles in 2022 – Infographic Chart
1. STIGA Pro Carbon Racket
The Stiga Pro Carbon paddle is the top of the line in Stiga’s premade paddle lineup, and it is perfect for intermediate players looking forward to taking their game up a level. It is a performance-level racket for competitive intermediate players looking to gain an edge in league matches or tournaments.
If you are a beginner but have played for months and developed into a competent one, the Stiga Pro is the paddle to prepare yourself for the competition.
It is made from 7-ply light wood for better control and speed when serving and returning. The Stiga Pro also features a wider sweet spot, popular among those who demand accuracy in their paddle.
You want to feel confident in the tournament, and the wide sweet spot will deliver powerful smashes and attacks. It’s not as expensive as a custom racket, making it an excellent alternative for those on a budget.
Stiga Pro Carbon Paddle Features
- Construction: STIGA Pro Carbon comes pre-assembled with the ITTF-approved STAR5 rubber S5 rubbers and 7-ply blade. If you choose the STIGA Pro Carbon Plus, these thick blades come pre-assembled with the STAR5 rubbers attached to both sides. Both rubbers are ITTF approved, manufactured by STIGA, and functions the same way.
- Handle and grip: The STIGA Pro Carbon paddle’s flared handle is made of a hollow WRB tube which distributes the shock of a strike to give the player better balance and a more comfortable grip. This shape redistributes the shock from striking the ball to prevent hand fatigue and better balance.
- Performance rating: The paddle’s control rating is 8/10, the speed rating is 9.9/10, and the spin rating is 10/10. While STIGA Pro Carbon’s speed is one of its best features, the blade and rubber combination offers plenty of spins and good control.
- The Stiga Pro Carbon paddle performs better than other Stiga pre-assembled paddles in many ways, including lightweight and high recovery rate.
STIGA Pro Carbon is one of the best ping pong paddles for intermediate players who love larger sweet spots and speedy spin. You can see the detailed review here.
Best ping pong paddles – Stiga Pro Carbon & Evolution Comparison
- It comes with a huge sweet spot.
- The ITTF approves it.
- STIGA Pro’s rubber is replaceable. If you want to customize your STIGA Pro, you can replace the rubbers when they wear out for a fraction of the cost of a new model.
- You’ll need to nurture wrist flexibility if you are new to 7-ply blades.
- The STIGA Pro Carbon has a control rating of 80, making it suitable for intermediate players but not beginners. If you’re not experienced, you will find it difficult to control the ball.
2. Killerspin JET 800 (Best Tournament Ping Pong Paddle)
The Killerspin JET 800 is suitable for both intermediate and professional players. It is an ITTF-approved shakehand style paddle. It is constructed with a 7-ply blade of 5 wooden and 2 carbon layers.
This paddle is excellent for competitive action. It can deliver shots at high velocity. If you transition from an amateur to an expert player, you will feel at home with the Killerspin JET 800. It was ranked number one back in 2020 by the critics.
Killerspin Jet 800 Paddle – Features
- Blade: The Killerspin JET 800 has seven wood and carbon layers, making it one of the market’s fastest and most powerful paddles. Out of the seven layers, two of them are made from carbon. The carbon layers keep the paddle from being too heavy. It makes it easier to play aggressive shots. But still, the paddles weigh around 190 grams, making them one of the heaviest paddles on the market.
- Rubbers: Killerspin JET 800 uses 2 Nitrx 42 rubber sheets. These high-tension rubber sheets are 2 mm thick. It prevents the ball from sinking into the sponge. So it can get more speed out of each stroke. The sheet’s tension helps the ball blast off quickly, Making it excellent for offensive plays. It has the best spin rate, 9.5, to be exact.
- Handle and grip: Killerspin JET 800 has an ergonomic handle with flared grip. The flared grip will prevent the paddle from slipping out of the player’s hand. The handle is a bit shorter than other ping pong paddles, But overall it has a good grip. It has a better design choice than most paddles we’ve seen in the marketplace.
- Performance rating: This paddle has one of the fastest blades. The recorded top speed of the blade is 9.5. The speed of the paddles depends on the number of layers. More layers mean more speed. The paddles contain multiple layers of wood.
Best ping pong paddles – Killerspin Jet 800 Pros & Cons
- One of the fastest paddles in the world.
- Offers excellent power behind each shot.
- The two carbon layers make defensive shots easy to handle.
- Features the high-end 2 mm Nitrx 4Z rubber.
- The ITTF approves it.
- Best for competitive plays.
- Comes with a 30-day warranty. So you better check for defects as soon as possible.
- New players will have a tough time controlling this paddle.
- It costs more than its competitors.
- Too heavy for tournament-level defensive plays.
3. STIGA Evolution (Best Cheap Ping Pong Paddle)
STIGA Evolution is a shake-hand pre-assembled paddle that gives the player complete ball spin control. If you are an average player looking to improve control, spin, and speed, STIGA Evolution will be perfect.
It is one of the highest-rated paddles of 2021. It is an ideal paddle for those who like close-quarter gameplay. The design of the paddle improves stroke and hit accuracy.
Features & Details
- Construction: The paddle has a lightweight blade made from six plywood layers. The six plywood layers will boost your power shots. Offensive players will have a field day with this bat. The round shape of the paddle will help you balance your momentum. It has sponges on both sides. The spring is 2mm thick. These thick sponges will improve your ball control and help you ping the correct amount off every ball. The paddle has an ITTF-approved premium quality rubber. STIGA used advanced crystal technology to make the bonds between the fiber of the rubber stronger than in other rubbers. It will give you more ball control.
- Grip: The handle is made by using shock dispersion tube technology. The handle is flared grip conclave pro. The hollowed-out handle will give you better ball control by releasing shockwaves when the paddle hits the ball.
- Performance ratings: STIGA Evolution has one of the best control ratings in the market, which is 90/100.
STIGA Evolution was explicitly designed for intermediate players. If you want to take your game to the next level, STIGA Evolution will help you get there. It works like a bridge between the intermediate level and pro-level gameplay.
Stiga Evolution – One of the best ping pong paddles for average players
- Best ping pong paddle for intermediate-level defensive players.
- Has one of the best-looking designs
- 6 plywood layers improve the shot power
- Provides excellent ball spin
- It will help you to counter power shots better
- Has great accuracy
- It will help you to control the pace of the game
- The two thick sponges on the side will help you balance your strikes
- Too lightweight for offensive players.
- The edges can be uncomfortable when you hold it with a tight grip for a long time.
4. JOOLA Infinity Overdrive
JOOLA Infinity Overdrive is a solid and sturdy paddle capable of decreasing consistent performance for years. JOOLA Overdrive is a tournament-grade paddle that focuses on delivering each ball with devastating speed to overwhelm the opponent and is also suitable for intermediate-level players who want more spin and speed.
This paddle features a perfect control rating and is extremely lightweight, giving intermediate players a competitive edge in league matches or competitions.
However, if you are a beginner, you can learn many things about different techniques by practicing with JOOLA Infinity Edge other than the Infinity Overdrive. Only then can you be effective with this paddle.
Joola Infinity Overdrive – Features & Details
- Construction: The blade of the JOOLA Infinity Overdrive is made from a combination of 5 plywood and 2 ply carbon. The thickness of the blade is 6.1 mm. The wooden materials of the paddle consist of Hinoki, Koto, and Ayous wood. Hinoki wood is excellent for fast attacks. The wood is quite delicate but also robust. It can adapt to any type of playstyle.
The manufacturer added koto wood to improve the paddle’s counterattack measures. The wood is lightweight and nimble. It makes the paddle excellent for blocking and fast counterstrikes. Ayous is a very light, firm, and elastic wood. It improves the accuracy of each shot.
- Joola Rubbers: This paddle uses the JOOLA Micron 48 rubber on both sides. The rubber will improve the player’s grip and help them deliver excellent trick shots. The sponge thickness of the rubber is 2.2 mm. It increases the travel speed of the ball.
- Grip: The paddle features comfortable flared grip handle
- Performance rating: JOOLA Infinity Overdrive has a 92 control rating, 99 spin ratings, and 100-speed rating. The 2 ply carbon layer of the paddle helps to control the ball spin. It reduces the vibration when you hit the ball hard. So this component will help you maintain balance while striking. It reinforced the center of the paddle, enlarging the sweet spot and making it more responsive.
Joola Infinity Overdrive Pros & Cons
This paddle is well suited for intermediate or advanced players who know all the offensive strokes and control the ball with great speed.
It is not recommended for someone new to the game. They need paddles with less speed and more control. They will have difficulty learning this game with a high-speed paddle-like JOOLA Infinity Overdrive.
- The paddle is made from high-quality carbon and wood.
- It has a larger sweet spot compared to other paddles.
- The wide blade increases the chance of hitting the ball.
- The rubber of the paddle increases ball speed and spin.
- It features ITTF approved size
- Very economical.
- New players will have a hard time spinning.
5. Killerspin Jet Black Combo
If you are looking for a budget ping pong paddle with decent performance, you can check out Killerspin Jet Black Combo. The latest addition to the Killerspin series outperforms the JET 200, JET 400, and even JET 600 in several ways. Also, it comes at a very reasonable price.
The racket has been engineered so that you can play ping pong with increased accuracy and control. It is the perfect choice for those looking for the right paddle to improve their game, and it’s the first racket of the Killerspin Jet Black Series.
This paddle has two black rubbers, which help you generate powerful strokes while keeping play under your control. Killerspin Jet Black has a unique and eye-catching black design and features a sturdy frame and wooden handle.
Best Ping Pong Paddles for Beginners – Features & Details
- Construction: The paddle features an extra lightweight blade with five plywood layers. The layers increase the depth of the paddle. It will help you control your shots better. It has one the highest control ratings among budget or cheap paddles. The blade has a shakehand style shape.
- Rubbers and sponge: On both sides of the paddle, there are two 1.8 mm thick sponges. These sponges will help you to control your strikes. The sponges aren’t thick enough to generate speed. But low-speed play is good for newer players. They need to play the ball at a slower pace to understand the mechanism and learn new techniques.
Killerspin Jet Black is equipped with Nitrx 4Z rubbers on both sides, which are ITTF-approved for use in competition. So, it won’t be accepted in official tournaments; however, the rubber is thick enough to give you complete control over your strokes.
- Grip: You can comfortably grip the handle of this paddle with no fear that it will slip. The flared handle ensures you will never lose your grip on the racket.
- Ping pong case: The paddle comes with a super-soft yet durable-sleeved table tennis racket case for convenient storage and carrying. The sleeve case is spacious to accommodate two rackets and four ping pong balls.
- Performance rating: Killerspin Jet Black Combo has a 7.5/10 control rating, 9/10 spin rating, 9/10 speed rating, and 8.5/10 control rating.
Killerspin Jet Black Combo Pros & Cons
- Best all-around ping pong paddle for intermediate-level players
- The blade is lightweight and built to provide maximum control
- The Nitrix 4Z rubber decreases the opponent’s spin and allows higher speeds and more spin on incoming balls.
- It comes with the classic flared handle making the grip comfortable
- It is ITTF-approved for use in competition
- In order to retain the rubber’s tackiness, it requires proper maintenance.
- Beginners may find the speed and spin of the racket overwhelming.
6. Butterfly BTY 401 (Best ping pong paddles in 2022 for kids)
BTY 401 is an excellent option for beginners to intermediate players and all-rounders. It has been the most popular Butterfly pre-assembled ping pong paddle since 2013.
It’s also an affordable ping pong paddle that provides a good balance of spin control and comfort, and perhaps that’s why it is a best-seller in the Butterfly pre-assembled ping pong paddles.
Whether you’re looking to improve your game, break into the top ranks, or just enjoy hitting the ball, this paddle is for you. The Butterfly 401 review meets all the requirements set by the ITTF. The Butterfly can be an excellent option if you want to be truly professional in table tennis. It features the same technology that the top players use in their paddles.
And at a great price, beginners can develop their skills without making a significant investment. The racket’s construction generates a good spin and has a nice balance of control and power. Butterfly 401 is an excellent learning ping pong paddle because of its ease.
Best Ping Pong Paddles in 2022 for Allround Players – Features & Details
- Construction: Butterfly 401 is constructed with five plywood and Yuki rubber. Butterfly’s Yuki rubbers on both sides of the 401 are tacky, meaning the ball will grip the paddle much more. Because of the high tackiness of the rubber, the ball absorbs the paddle exceptionally well, allowing for more spin on the ball.
It features Butterfly’s signature low-friction medium sponge layer paired with two thin top sheets for precise control. The rubber sheets sit on top of a spongy layer of 2.1 mm thickness, which increases the power from the bat’s contact with the ball and reduces accuracy.
- Grip: The 401 features a shakehand flared grip to make play more comfortable.
- Ping pong paddle case: Butterfly 401 comes with a ping pong paddle carrying case to protect your racket.
- Performance ratings: The 401 is also a very fast paddle (spins fast when making contact with the ball). It comes with a speed rating of 8.0/10, a spin rating of 8.0/10, and a control rating of 9.0/10.
This pre-assembled paddle meets the needs of both beginners and intermediate players. It is ideal for intermediate offensive players who don’t want to spend much on a paddle but still want a good one.
Butterfly 401 Review – Pros & Cons
- Butterfly 401 is an excellent learning ping pong paddle for speed, spin, and control.
- The rubber is bouncy, so it gives shots good speed and spin.
- It is very reasonably priced.
- The rubber is permanently attached, so you won’t be able to replace it.
- Some reviewers feel the paddle is inadequate for advanced-level games, but others feel it is suitable for beginners and intermediate players.
Butterfly 401 VS. Stiga Pro Carbon
The best way to find out your top paddle is by checking its performance first.
Butterfly 401 has an average score in all categories and is a decent ping pong paddle. But it has spin and speed ratings at 80, which makes this decent enough if it’s your priority when playing ping pong. If your playing style is from a distance and your skill level is beginner, it is the right paddle for you.
The Stiga Pro Carbon is an aggressive and one of the expensive ping pong paddles that you can use for almost any playstyle. It has great response and steering, making it perfect for taking on opponents with high spin or speed ratings!
The more control you have of the ping pong ball, the more power you can put behind your shots, and the carbon blade of this paddle give you this.
Whether you’re looking to drop a quick shot over the net or put some serious power behind a backhand, this is the right ping pong paddle.
Other Ping Pong Paddles in 2022
The one that’s right for you depends on your level and type of play, but there are some great options. Firstly, if we’re talking about the future, don’t forget these cool new gadgets soon.
Moreover, they might be what takes table tennis well into outer space (or at least onto our next generation tech).
7. Butterfly Harimoto 2000 Review (One of the best ping pong paddles in 2022 for beginners)
The Butterfly Harimoto Tomokazu 2000 Shakehand Table Tennis Racket is excellent for novice-level players. The racket has a Pan Asia rubber that offers speed and spin while maintaining control.
For the player who wants quality and performance, this racket is assembled with glue intended to keep the rubber permanently attached to the wood for the life of the table tennis paddle.
If you prefer to have the ability to upgrade the rubber when it becomes worn, please check out our Pro-Line Series. Did You Know? More World Class Players Trust Butterfly Than Any Other Brand – At the 2019 World Table Tennis Championships, 11 of 17 world-class players chose Butterfly rackets!
However, it is engineered for speed and spin, and this racket comes with two balls and is sponsored by Tomokazu Harimoto – the youngest ITTF champion ever.
Butterfly Harimoto 2000 offers high-quality wood of 3 plies for extra speed and spin. This table tennis racket also comes with 2 ping pong balls.
It has inverted red and black professional 0.08″ Pan Asia table tennis rubber, giving you more speed and spin than any other paddle.
8. GEWO Power Offense with Neoflexx eFT 45 and 40 (Best Combo Table Tennis Racket)
The GEWO Power Offense ping pong paddle is the perfect racket for players who want to dominate opponents with powerful spin shots. This racket has a classic offensive design and is made with five layers of wood that give you great ball control.
The GEWO Power Offense paddle is perfect for players who want to add more spin and power to their shots. With its Neoflexx eFT 45 and 40 design, this racket gives you the control you need to make your shots count.
Best Ping Pong Paddles in 2022 for Spin & Looping
Featuring two grippy Neoflexx eFT rubbers, this paddle offers superior control and flexibility, allowing you to dominate the table quickly. Whether you’re a beginner or experienced player, the GEWO Power Offense paddle will help you take your game to the next level.
The eFT 45 rubber on the forehand side provides excellent grip and speed, while the eFT 40 rubber on the backhand side provides incredible touch and spin.
This racket is German-made with Neoflexx rubber, which provides excellent control and catapult power. The weight is balanced for optimal playability, making it easy to produce fast, powerful shots.
The Neoflexx rubber line provides tons of control and spin, while the combined weight of 160-168 grams keeps your shots consistent and powerful. Whether you’re playing a fast forehand or a slow backhand, this racket has you covered.
9. Butterfly Zhang Jike Box Set
The Butterfly is the leading brand for table tennis equipment and manufactures the highest number of pre-assembled ping pong paddles for all types of players. With more than 77 pre-assembled ping pong rackets, including the pro-line and recreational rackets, it may be tough to choose the right one from Butterfly.
However, the Zhang Jike Shakehand racket box set is one of the best pre-assembled Butterfly ping pong paddles for intermediate-level payers. This racket is also the most budget-friendly Butterfly pre-assembled ping pong paddles recommended for intermediate players who want to master spin, speed, strokes, and control.
Why? See, there are two categories of Butterfly pre-assembled ping pong paddles. The pro-line and rec-line. Butterfly experts’ recommendation for choosing the best pre-assembled ping pong paddle is to always go for the pro-line up.
The Butterfly Zhang Jike box set is a hybrid of the pro-line and the rec-line featuring rackets with the same performance rating as the Pro-line Timo Boll and constructions as BalsaCarbo X5 but at a much more reasonable price.
The price range of the best Butterfly pre-assembled pro-line model ranges from $320-$550. On the other hand, Butterfly Zhang Jike Shakehand table tennis racket box set is only $157.99 approximately at Megaspin, which can be a good option for intermediate players looking for a pro-line model from Butterfly that won’t break the bank.
One of the best ping pong paddles in 2022 – Zhang Jike Box Set Features
- Construction: The Zhang Jike Shakehand table tennis racket is constructed with 5-ply wood and 2 carbon layers. The paddle weighs approximately 92 grams with the rubber.
- Rubbers: The ping pong paddle features Flextra rubber, providing excellent control and reliable strokes. The sponge thickness is 2.1 mm.
- Handle and grip: It features a concave flared handle to provide extra confidence in your hand. This racket has a thicker blade which is very durable.
- Racket case and box: It comes with the Butterfly signature racket case that is spacious enough to fit four balls and hold two ping pong paddles. It also ships in an attractive and heavy-duty gift box.
- Performance rating: The speed rating of the racket is 9/10, the spin rating is 7.5/10, and the control rating is 8/10.
The Zhang Jike series is known for producing powerful and fast shots, and this paddle is built for intermediate offensive players seeking a balance between power, spin, and comfortability.
- Best budget-friendly pre-assembled ping pong paddle for intermediate players
- It comes with a huge sweet spot for greater confidence and control
- The ITTF approves it
With its 5-ply wood construction and two reinforcing carbon fiber fibers, the best ping pong paddle is also designed for speed and power.
Whether a recreational player or an aspiring tournament champion, the Zhang Jike Box Set is the best table tennis racket for improving your game.
- Only available with shakehand grip and no other variation.
- The rubber is glued permanently, so you don’t have the option to replace or upgrade the rubber.
Best Table Tennis Racket Under $50 in 2022
As any table tennis player knows, having the right racket can make all the difference in your game. If you’re starting or a recreational player, you don’t need to spend much money to get a decent racket.
In fact, here is the best table tennis racket for under $50. These cheap table tennis paddles are perfect for beginners or anyone who wants to learn the basic strokes. They’re also an excellent choice for casual players who just want fun.
10. JOOLA Infinity Edge Racket
Infinity Seriesping pong rackets from JOOLA are made for kids and adults who want to increase their game. Like all of our other tennis equipment, these come with a comfortable handle that provides excellent performance and faster speed!
The 7-ply blade features carbon construction which gives it durability while remaining lightweight so you can keep control at every point on the court.
The table tennis paddle has an outer ply of Hinoki that provides incredible power. The Koto is the inner-ply to regulate powerful topspin. It has pips-in Driver 42 soft rubber.
Joola Infinity table tennis paddles have composite blades with carbon fiber and wood. This gives you tremendous control and as much power as you wish. You can choose the color of the handle and rubbers.
11. Killerspin Jet 400 Review
The Killerspin Jet 400 table tennis bat has a 5-layer wood blade composition, and Nitrx4Z rubbers are designed for intermediate to advanced players who want superior balance in their game.
The comfortable flared grip provides impeccable control so that you can easily take on any competition. This racket has a flexible blade and a thinner rubber coating so that you will have great control over your table tennis journey.
It features ratings in Speed (70), Spin (90), and Control (80). This paddle is perfect if you enjoy playing ping pong with a well-rounded, dynamic game because it has characteristics that allow both fast-paced shots and control plays!
The Personalized Memory Book makes an excellent gift box or protective case while still being light enough to carry anywhere. For example, if your friend has an outdoor ping pong table, and you want to play outside.
Ping pong players who prefer a tacky rubber can change it anytime.
12. Franklin Ping Pong Paddles
The Franklin table tennis paddle is an excellent paddle for all types of players. The carbon rod core helps to transfer energy efficiently for an offensive style of play.
The rubber surface and a thicker sponge cushioning provide superior grip and great control over the ball with enough power. The 7-ply hardwood handle, resilient rubber surface, and thick sponge make this paddle durable and comfortable.
With its hand-shaped, ergonomic design, the Franklin ping pong paddles are perfect for all play styles. If you are a table tennis enthusiast who plays as a hobby, then you should try these table tennis bats. It is not intended for professional players because of its slower speed and better control.
However, Franklin is the best table tennis paddle for beginners who learn the basic strokes. Its durability is more extended, and the price is worth buying, only $ 28 now on Amazon.
13. Nibiru Sport Ping Pong Paddle Set
The NIBIRU SPORT Ping Pong Paddle Set is the best ping pong paddle bundle. This set contains 4 table tennis rackets, 8 table tennis balls, and a portable case.
The table tennis rackets are made of 5 layers of high-quality crack-resistant wood handles, making them durable and long-lasting. The balls are made of high-quality materials and are designed to bounce well.
The storage case is made of durable material and has a handle for easy carrying. This set is an excellent choice for those who want to enjoy a table tennis game with friends or family.
The professional ping pong paddles are made of high-quality materials and have an ergonomic grip that ensures optimal performance. The ball hitting is great for both indoor and outdoor play. With this complete set, you’ll have everything you need to enjoy a fun game of table tennis.
Best Ping Pong Paddles in 2022 – Conclusion
So these are the best 13 ping pong paddles you can buy now. Our list contains pre-assembled paddles suitable for both offensive and defensive players. We kept all the factors in mind while creating this list. Some of them have included table tennis balls.
Table tennis players looking for paddles with a penhold grip or straight grip should look at our articles on tournament play rackets. These rackets are a little expensive, but you have all the handle grips included.
If you live outside the United States, then please look at the article about the best online table tennis store.
You will find paddles for professional play and casual play. You will discover paddles with high speed suited for aggressive plays and low-speed paddles for newbies. We’ve ranked all the paddles based on the stats we gathered from extensive play testings, affordability, user reviews, and professional insights.
If you change the rubber coating, use the Butterfly or Joola table tennis glue. If you put on the racket Chinese rubbers or other expensive ones, read our article about the best table tennis glues.